Adam P. Condoure Memorial Scholarship
The deadline for all paperwork is March 22, 2017.
Only contents of envelopes received by March 22 will be considered on time and included with your application for judging.
Congratulations on taking the first step in applying for the Adam P. Condoure Memorial Scholarship and the Youth Spirit Award!
For more than 20 years, the Women of Holy Spirit group has awarded a scholarship to a graduating senior who best exemplified their devotion to Holy Spirit Church, their community and their scholastic studies. This year’s scholarship will be for $1500. Additionally, the pastor will award a $500 scholarship based on service to the church to another applicant who is not chosen for the Adam Condoure award. This application is for both awards.
To qualify for either award, applicants must be graduating from high school in the spring of 2017 and the applicant’s family must be registered COHS parishioners. You must submit your completed application on the forms provided by the deadline given. Please download this application from the Holy Spirit website www.hspirit.com. Let’s get started!
INSTRUCTIONS: You must complete the application in this format and only hard copies are acceptable. The form can be downloaded from the website until March 22 but the final submission must be in hard copy form dropped off or mailed to the church’s address below by 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 22.
- Your personal letter of introduction to the judges which can be handwritten or typed, explaining what favors you as the winner of the scholarship. You may want to let them know how hard you have worked and what motivates you.
- Your original High School Transcript –enclose an official transcript sealed in an envelope with your application.
- Copy of an acceptance letter to a school of higher learning – more than one may be included with your application.
- The completed application. (attached)
- Recommendation letter from a Holy Spirit Parishioner (priest, teacher or adult friend.)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, principal, coach or counselor from your school.
- Recommendation letter from an adult in the Memphis community.
All items must be included in the envelope with your application.
(HINT: You could give the letter writers a preaddressed and stamped envelope as a courtesy in case they prefer to mail it or want to seal it.
IMPORTANT: The deadline for all paperwork is March 22, 2017. Only contents of envelopes received by March 22 will be considered on time and included with your application for judging.
It is your responsibility to verify all items have been received by the deadline of March 22.
Address all forms and envelopes:
Church of the Holy Spirit
2300 Hickory Crest Drive
Memphis, TN 38119
Attn: Women of Holy Spirit Scholarship
If you have any questions, please contact Women of the Holy Spirit scholarship chairperson,
Ann Geissler 901-759-0176 (leave message) or 901 -496-4502 cell.